Wednesday, July 8, 2020

For Exam appearing students ........


For Exam appearing  students :-

(1)    Our examination system is such that, ultimately ..at lest at +2 level.. it is the marks in numbers that count… with all the arguments, discussions about ‘all round development’ .. with interest & improvement in other skills as well… Plus 2 marks & averages are  vital statistics for further education. At college level, a focus, a correct fixation of goal, competitive examinations are more individualistic than Plus 2, where comparative ranking is the system for further admission.
(children are pushed to a feeling of competition to such an extent that their prayer are “ let others score low..so that I will top in the rank !!!)

O.K.   .. a small example to shift focus.
When I go for morning walk… I go 3 rounds in… first ½ round.. I walk in my own pace.. warming up. Then I start fast walk to catch up with the immediate person ahead of me… after catching up… I shift my focus to the next person ahead …. (never  2nd/3rd… person ahead..just the next immediate)… it is not for ego satisfaction… but I feel  motivated  to walk fast … this goes on for next 2 rounds.
Last ½ round… I walk at a comfortable speed; the feeling that I am nearing my house gives me the necessary motivation to reach home .. my end goal.. and I take this comfortably…
Because, as exercise I have achieved a state when I can go in my own pace… & still make it well.

Students should Shift their goal to the next higher level of marks, make a conscious effort to improve, but never fix an unrealistic goal which will make them physically & mentally tired. !!!
  

(2)    You might have climbed the steps to reach Thirupathi Temple for Dharshan.

First few steps are difficult to climb. You hold your parents’ hand to climb these steps. This is like your nursery classes when you depended on your parents totally to move forward.

The second spell of steps are difficult; but not very difficult. You can climb with little bit of help and supervision. These are your primary school years.

Then it becomes a sloping road; very easy to climb – you cross your school academics easily upto 10th.

The last spell is very difficult and already you are tired. That is the time you see the temple gopuram darisanam. That is your ultimate goal; seeing the gopuram, you climb with determination and finish your task of climbing.

This stage is parallel to your higher secondary. You must visualize your goal; concentrate fully; with your final destination always in your mind you can cross this stage easily. Bit the ambition and goal must be within your focus.

Once you have reached the top, then it becomes a normal walk which you can easily make till the shrine is reached. This will be your college life and final destination.


No comments:

Post a Comment