Monday, May 20, 2019

"I WAS NOT BORED"........

"I WAS NOT BORED"
’15-year old Anita drops out of school as she was too bored to study further and is undergoing therapy’
‘There is nothing to do and I am so bored.’- 5-year old Rahul
‘User-friendly games are rusting children’s imagination, leading to an intolerant and hyperactive generation that is seeking constant stimulation’
The above reports has sent me on a trip down my memory lane. Many youngsters today are bored. Even 2-year old child says she is bored, sometimes.
Was I bored as a child and a girl? I don't think I or for that matter any one of my generation was ever bored.
The means of communication has improved tremendously in the last thirty years, but "COMMUNICATION" has actually gone down.
Similarly, the younger generation today has a lot more of things to pass the time, but perhaps the quality of social life has gone down.
The three things that stand out in my memories are :-
the street in which I grew up
the games that I played
the social interactions that I had.
I think each of these has a great bearing on the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment